- This event has passed.
Critter Close Ups – Frogs, Bugs, and Reptiles
February 25 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$0.00
Type: Indoor Photo Workshop
The Cool Things You will See, Do, and Learn: Photograph spectacularly colored frogs, exotic reptiles, and insects in a setting of real plants, flowers, and natural environments. In this class learn how to take natural looking photos in a studio like setting, where you can control the lighting and backgrounds to get great images. Possible subjects include, Red Eye Tree Frogs , Gaboon Viper, Eastern Diamond Back Rattlesnake, Tortoise, Tarantulas, Geckos, and more. You also learn key techniques in closeup and macro photography including:
- How to expose when only inches from your subject
- How to protect the highlights from blowing out in your pictures
- Equipment options for macro photography
- Using flash in macro photography
- How to choose the best settings for composing very small subjects
Activity Level: Low, classroom
Things to Know: Tipping of the animal handler is highly recommended.
What to Bring: Close range / macro lenses. A tripod and flash or portable LED panel light(s) are recommended but not required.